Today’s award goes to an idiot in Wolverhampton, England. In many ways, he and his friends define doofidity. A tip o’ the hat to reader Philip E. for sending me the link.
Five firefighters spent an hour working to release a YouTube prankster who cemented his head inside a microwave.
Their intention was to use the microwave as a mould, and by the time emergency services were at 1.49pm on Wednesday to the garage of a house in Fordhouses, Wolverhampton, the group had already been trying to free him for 90 minutes.
The friends had managed to feed an air tube into the man’s head to help him breathe.
There’s more at the link, including photographs of the removal process.
I don’t have much sympathy for this idiot’s discomfort. I probably wouldn’t have had much sympathy if he’d been seriously injured, or even killed, by his own stupidity. However, if anyone else needed firefighter assistance for real (i.e. in a fire), and couldn’t get it because the firefighters were tied up trying to free this doofus from the consequences of his own actions . . . I think a case could be made for throwing him, microwave and all, into the next fire that comes along.
Why do people like this never think of the danger their actions may cause to others, directly or indirectly?