Today’s award goes to a woman from Long Island, NY.
Authorities say a woman arriving at a Long Island court to answer a marijuana possession summons was smoking pot when she parked her vehicle in the local police chief’s spot … [She had] been ticketed in May for unlawful possession of marijuana.
Police say she was arriving for her court appearance in Northport on Monday night when she cut off an unmarked police car in the parking lot while talking on her cellphone … she then pulled into the parking spot clearly marked as reserved for the village’s police chief … when the officers asked the woman to roll down her window, pot smoke billowed out.
There’s more at the link.
Let’s see . . .
- Using a cellphone while driving? Check.
- Cutting off a police car while doing so? Check.
- Driving under the influence? Check.
- All this while on her way to appear in court for a previous offense? Check.
- And, last but not least, taking the police chief’s reserved parking spot? Check.
Under the circumstances, she couldn’t possibly have been more of a doofus if she tried – or, if she could, I don’t want to know about it!