I’m obliged to James Roguski for putting in a nutshell the enormous dangers posed by proposed changes to the International Health Regulations of the World Health Organization. These changes were proposed by the Biden administration, and are so far-reaching that they effectively hand over control of the USA to the WHO in the event of a health crisis. In the process, they trample the United States Constitution.
It’s not hard to see how an unscrupulous administration might use these as a pretext to override the results of a future election, or even impose undemocratic controls over the people of this country to prevent an election being held.
- The International Health Regulations (IHR) are legally binding and supersede the United States Constitution. All the nations of the world have already agreed to the existing International Health Regulations.
- The United States has proposed amendments to the legally binding International Health Regulations that will be voted upon at the next World Health Assembly this May 22, 2022 to May 28, 2022. CLICK HERE FOR OFFICIAL DOCUMENT.
- These proposed amendments will cede additional sovereignty, control and legal authority over to the World Health Organization.
- These amendments will NOT require approval by 2/3 of the United States Senate. If they are approved (as submitted by the United States) by 2/3 of the member countries of the World Health Assembly (130 of 194 countries), these amendments would enter into force as international law just six months later (November 2022).
- It is not known if the amendments will be voted upon individually or as a complete package.
- The amendments will give the Director General of the WHO the power to unilaterally declare a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) even over the objection of the country dealing with an outbreak of disease.
- According to changes made to U.S. regulations that were published one day before Donald Trump was inaugurated (January 19, 2017), the definition of a “Public Health Emergency” in the United States now includes the declaration of a PHEIC by the WHO.
- A unilateral declaration of a PHEIC by the WHO will enable the declaration of a Public Health Emergency by the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services.
- The amendments proposed by the United States would also give the Director General of the WHO the legal authority to unilaterally issue an “intermediate public health alert (IPHA).” The criteria for the issuance of an IPHA is simply that “the Director-General has determined it requires heightened international awareness and a potential international public health response.”
- The amendments will also give “regional directors” within the WHO the legal authority to declare a Public Health Emergency of Regional Concern (PHERC).
Of greatest concern to me is the fact that changes to the US regulations implementing the WHO’s policies “were published one day before Donald Trump was inaugurated”. What could have pushed the Obama administration into doing that? Could it have been a deliberate plan, a “poison pill”, to put in place some mechanism that could be used to override a subsequent administration, that was not doing what our “grey eminences” wanted? Might such regulations be used to either prevent, or override, a future election on the grounds of a fraudulent, made-up “Public Health Emergency”? After the COVID-19 regulatory and bureaucratic fiasco, that appears far less unlikely than it should . . . and it arouses dire suspicions in my mind. Imagine the damage a Governor Cuomo, or Governor Whitmer, or Dr. Fauci, could do if such authority were given to them!
I don’t subscribe to all of Mr. Roguski’s speculations, or his more extreme views. Nevertheless, I was motivated enough by his articles to do my own research, and confirm that the regulatory changes proposed by the USA are, indeed, sufficiently far-reaching to pose the threat he outlines in his series of articles (all linked in the post above). I can only suggest that you read more about the WHO’s proposed regulations for yourself, and make up your own mind.
If something like this is tried in America, how will you respond? Unless these regulations are stopped before they can be implemented, all of us may have to decide that – and quickly.