The idle musings of a former military man, former computer geek, medically retired pastor and now full-time writer. Contents guaranteed to offend the politically correct and anal-retentive from time to time. My approach to life is that it should be taken with a large helping of laughter, and sufficient firepower to keep it tamed!
That is brutal. Whenever I ride, I regard all other road users and pedestrians as assassins on my ex-wife's payroll. I've been riding now for over fifty years, touch wood.
That brought back some memories …
I checked my hunch on last year's calendar. November 21st was a Monday.
"Ride as if 90% of drivers can't see you and the other 10% are out to get you."
That was brutal!
The irony there is that appears to be a breakaway mounting,
touted to minimize injuries, on that lamp standard.
What Timbo said.
I've been riding since 1970, been down a few times and had plenty of close calls. You cannot be too careful. I proceed as if I were invisible.
Also: If you have a $20.00 head, buy a $20.00 helmet.
Woah..that right there is Wile E. Coyote level bad luck.
That is a bad day indeed.
Riding a motorcycle is an exercise in faith every time.