Last week I linked to an article in the UK’s ‘Country Life’ magazine titled ‘The 39 steps to being a modern gentleman‘. Now the magazine has come up with the female equivalent. Its 39 steps include:
- Can say ‘thank you’ no matter where she is in the world
- Excels at making love, lasagne and long gin and tonics
- Can silence a man with a stare and make a dog lie down with a hand signal—and vice versa
- Can paunch a rabbit, pluck a pheasant and gut a fish, but allows men the privilege
- Knows when to let a man think it’s his idea
- Instills manners in her children, but lets their characters flourish
- Can handle a sports car, a sit-on mower and a ski lift
- Knows that ‘brevity is the soul of lingerie’
There are many more at the link. (No lilac socks this time!) Ladies, how do you rate?
Cue the sexist comments in three… two… 🙂
As in "that's sexisss!!11!" And so on? Or do you mean (I doubt it, but one can never be sure) "sexist" comments like "I could live without 'excels at making love' being one of the criterion, assuming 'lady' is being used to refer to unwed women" and such? I happen to agree with the latter statement, for ladies *and* gentlemen, but… *shrug* 🙂
Another author describing herself as the ideal.